Monday, October 22, 2007

Is there anybody out there?

O.K. As you may have read in my last post, I am feeling a bit of a slacker for not posting more regularly. Thankfully I didn't say I would try to do better, because I would have failed miserably and simply had to say again that I would try to do better ... so here I am typing those thoughts anyway, maybe that's what a blog is for, to type the thoughts you don't have to type. Hmmm ... ponder that a moment.
I realize that in the grand scope of blogging there are two pretty essential elements. The first is that I, the blogger, would post things of interest often enough that you, the reader, will read them. More than that, I would hope you would find my thoughts interesting enough that you will stop by regularly to see what new thoughts I might have. This does assume some level of arrogance I guess that I would have enough to say or enough interesting things to say that you would want to take precious time from your day to read them. Hmmm ... ponder that a moment.

Alright, so besides studying ... you might be wondering what I've been doing lately. Well, I won't bore you with all the details, but I will highlight that I've been keeping an on a television show that our good friends Jason and Danae got us hooked on ... it's Heroes. Have you seen it? If not, I suggest you only check it out if you have a lot of time on your hands. We ended up watching something like 15 hours of last season's shows on DVD prior to the season premiere. Now at first this doesn't sound so bad, but I also failed to mention those 15 hours were watched in two days! Yes, that's called obsessive, but the show is that compelling (either that we're that weak when it comes to saying, "no, I won't watch 15 hours of television"). If you are already obsessed, like me, then you can waste further hours taking quizzes like this one ...

Which Heroes Character are you?
Your Result: Issac Mendez

Isaac is very confused and upset about his powers in the beginning, but he eventually comes to terms with them as well as with his destiny. He provides a strong moral base that all the heroes can rely on. Isaac can paint the future.

Niki Sanders
Hiro Nakamura
Claire Bennet
Peter Petrelli
Nathan Petrelli
Matt Parkman
Jessica Sanders
Which Heroes Character are you?
Make a Quiz

In other less than earth shattering news, I can't say I've been up to much. The usual reading, writing a paper or two. I did submit my application for internship which was quite a process. I've been working on the application for a few weeks now, answering a question or two as I had time and needed a distraction from other more important things. It's nice to have it done so I don't have to sweat the deadline for that.

I'm sure there are important things I could be writing about. Like the Green Bay Packers and their stellar season! It will probably be the last season in which I can write about Brett Favre and his athletic ability ... but then I've said that for a year or two now. I really think this will be the last season though, he's pretty much broken every record out there at this point and if this year's team doesn't win a Supper Bowl (which I'm not counting on, but wouldn't be upset if they did) then next year's won't be enough more likely that he should want to keep playing.

In my email inbox I've been saving a bunch of emails as thought starters for blogs, but I've now saved them for so long that I've forgotten what the thoughts are that they were supposed to start, so let me just say, so much for keeping notes!

In my final paragraph today, I would just like to ask the question from the title of this blog which hopefully is one that is near and dear to your hearts. Is there anybody out there? Does anyone actually read the wild ravings and crazy thoughts of this blog? I often wonder that and haven't really put any effort into finding any kind of tracking software to see what the answer to that question is (who knows, maybe it would be easier to track than I think). Are there topic you would like to see me rant about? Are there topics you would like to see me avoid all together (maybe like why I haven't written in a while, blah, blah, blah). I'm open to feedback, money, criticism, money, ideas, money, thoughts, money, travel vouchers, money ... have I mentioned that if you want to send me money for sharing my thoughts, I'm happy to take it ... or if you just want to send me money, that's o.k. too?

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hey Eric, I check your blog regularly! Although I have to admit, I wonder the same thing about mine... which has also been sadly neglected in this busy fall season. So just take heart knowing that at least someone reads your musings.