Monday, April 23, 2007

Catching Up...

Sadly my Predators didn't make it past round one of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I feel somewhat to blame as I didn't have a chance to watch most of the games. My work this last week on the Kids Take The Stage production of Guys & Dolls prevented me from being able to tune in even though my Predators were playing the local favorite (alright, local only) NHL team, the San Jose Sharks. This means that I begin cheering against teams (as I type I am watching the Vancouver Canucks play the Dallas Stars ... I must cheer against the Stars).

I can still cheer for the New York Rangers since that is my in-law's team. When there is a face-off between the Predators and the Rangers I do pick the Pred's, but otherwise I can cheer for the Rangers.

It seems weird to be watching hockey in April (nearly May) but it will seem stranger when the finals roll around since those are in June (I think). But it doesn't seem as weird since the weather here in Berkeley is about the same year-round, so it's not like we've left winter behind and are still watching a winter sport in Spring ... or at least it doesn't feel like it.

I can't report that much else has been going through my head lately. Oh, there are the occasional thoughts, but nothing of note. I guess that's what happens when free time goes away.

Well, it's sunny and the hockey game is on ... I best get to my homework.

No comments: