Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Laundry Day

Today was laundry day. When living in a place where you share a laundry room with others, it is always good to figure out the day to avoid and the day to do your laundry. Monday is certainly not the day to do laundry, everyone seems to like doing their laundry on Monday so I avoid it at all costs. On the other hand, Tuesday seems to be the day when no one does their laundry, so it works out well. Other days are hit and miss. But I digress.
I find that I have two least favorite parts of doing the laundry (beyond the fact that next to cleaning the house doing laundry in general is my least favorite activity - EVER) both parts come at the end of the process. One is ironing (I question the purpose of owning any clothing that needs to be ironed) and when I had to wear such clothes regularly I utilized the local "martinizer" to take care of that issue for me. The other issue is folding socks.

It's not that I want to throw all of my socks in a drawer and just pick them out, though that is sometimes tempting, but I hate the idea of having to sort through a pile of socks trying to find ones that match ... being the typical male that I am, most of my socks are the typical white crew sock type so theoretically they are all the same, still somehow one seems to shrink slightly more or differently than the other.

I find this most disturbing, I wear my socks the same way. I put them on the same way and take them off the same way. I wash my socks the same way. Still, they come out of the dryer with one being slightly shorter, the other slightly narrower, one slightly whiter, I just don't get it.

Maybe I should spend some time researching this topic.

No comments: